Friday, January 23, 2009

January Picture




So here is the picture for this month. For those of you who do not know, I live with my in-laws here in Missouri. Tough my wife could give you a list of the disadvantages of living here, I personally don't thin it is so bad. We get hot meals, have a roof over our head and we don't pay rent... not to shabby a deal yo!!
Anyway even though it is still cold as butt cheeks out side, there is an abundance of woodland creatures that gather around the feeder in the middle of the back yard. One day as I sat at my drawing table I looked out and saw this squirrel. So I started to draw him... and well this is what it turned into. for Christmas I got this industrial/professional pen set with different sizes tips and wanted to try them out. So I sketched the little guy and then inked over it with the pen. Then in the theory of "branching" out in my art ability I used some Gouache paints that I had laying around. Gouache paints, are basically a watercolor paint but with more thickness to them. Think of the ability of a watercolor, but the consistency and thickness of paint. You can get a darker fuller color, or use water to thin them out. I used a piece of 18" x 24" heavyweight drawing paper... not official watercolor paper, but it could handle it with no problem. The drawing itself does not take up the whole page, but I wanted to use a bigger piece of paper then the original sketch was on. Hope you enjoy and come for more art and next months image!!

7 comments:

  1. That looks like the critters running around the SMS campus when I went there...they'll take your damn food right out of your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very interesting picture. It makes me hate squirrels....

    Ryan Leonard

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey hwtas up it jordan graves from class 6-9 just stoppping by to sya whats up and i didnt kmow you knew how to make art lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW. That squirrel is kind of scarry. lol But very cool drawing! go Jason!
    Katie (6-9pm wed.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the squarl pic is off the chain

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're a great artist. Even though that squirrel freaks me out and will probably give me nightmares for the rest of my life! haha

    Lauren (6-9pm Wed)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inconcievable imagination for a squirrel.

    ReplyDelete